[mythtv] EIT broken in SVN ?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Feb 26 19:28:39 UTC 2008

Dave wrote:
> Stuart wrote:
>  >
>  > Not all channels on all muxes supply EIT data. This is especially true
>  > with DVB-S setups, where it has been known to be confined to a single
>  > EIT data channel.
>  >

> Ah, this is interesting. I definitely have 'useonairguide' switched off
> of all the dvb-s transponder channels except the ones i watch. So maybe
> the EIT is on a channel not being scanned. However, how does this
> explain that when i am watching the channels concerned, epgsnoop will
> retrieve the EPG data correctly. Seem like the active and passive
> scanners are using different mechanisms to gather the data. What
> algorithm does mythtv use to determine what channel EPG data is on ? How
> does epgsnoop get it right. Can we not get mythtv to do the right thing
> like epgsnoop ?

the active and passive scanners use the same mechanism, so that isn't
the problem.

useonairguide on a channel is used to indicate if the EIT data should be
used for the channel. it is also set by the scanning if the signalling
tables indicate that there is EIT available for that channel

interesting that epgsnoop finds eit data. it indicates that the eit data
could well be present but just in a non standard place. we'll need to do
a bit of dvbsnooping to find out just where they might be.

Please join us in #mythtv on irc.freenode.net and we can go through it.

Stuart