[mythtv] Mpeg 1 Layer 1 audio

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Feb 28 01:41:32 UTC 2008

The mpeg 2 files with Mpeg 1 Layer 1 audio do not play properly with the
  internal player. The audio is distorted and the video gets behind and
drops frames. If I transcode the audio to layer 3, its fine.
Mplayer/vlc/xine have no problem with the original file.

I don't know if I should report this as a bug, since I don't know what
audio formats are actually meant to be supported by the internal player.

I got no respone on the users list other than to transcode, which is
really pretty expensive.

I'm running a recent svn.