[mythtv] Patch to autodetect 4:3 Zoom aspect ratio

Mårten Bohlin mabo at mochc.net
Thu Feb 28 11:18:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a lot closer for me. However, it's not 100%. There seem to be a few
> occasions where once in widescreen mode, it won't correctly detect 4x3 (only
> commercials so far). But then again, I don't know that this sort of thing
> CAN be 100%.
>
> - Mark.

I am glad to hear that it starting to get useful. And I agree that it
will never be 100% corect, but we can try to get it as good as we can.

If the problem is to switch back to pillarboxed mode I could remove
some constraints. Today it only do that if it detects a image in both
the top and bottom bars. I guess it will be ok to do the switch if a
image is detected in one of them.

Mårten