[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jan 5 19:01:04 UTC 2008

One other thing I keep forgetting about - what should be done about
coverfiles? They're currently stored with absolute pathnames and
really ought to be converted to relative paths like videos but it
sounds dumb to have a storage group just for covers.

You'd almost want a binary blob column in videometadata for covers.
On my system the covers take up 13MB while mythconverg is 110MB so
it's roughly a 10% increase.

Or, they could be moved alongside the videos the way it's done with
recordings and preview images.

I'm OK with any of the three options but what do you all think?

- George