[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15344 by nigel

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jan 7 19:21:40 UTC 2008

Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> mount: can't find /dev/hdc in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
>> 2008-01-06 13:34:18.006 Failed to mount /dev/hdc.
>> 2008-01-06 13:34:18.007 Media status changed... (MEDIATYPE_DATA,
>> MEDIASTAT_OPEN -> MEDIASTAT_NOTMOUNTED)
>> 2008-01-06 13:34:18.521 Media status changed... (MEDIATYPE_DATA,
>> MEDIASTAT_NOTMOUNTED -> MEDIASTAT_OPEN)
>>

> I have tried on two Linux machines,
> but haven't been able to reproduce that yet.
>
> Output is unusual in that it thinks there is
> a data disk in there, but the tray is open?

Maybe I don't have something setup right, if so then I apologize, but I
can reproduce this with no problems.

Turn 'Monitor CD/DVD' off.

Add /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 to ignore devices.

Result is one *big* frontend log file.

My dvd drive is /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 which is linked to /dev/hdc

In /etc/fstab is this:-
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660
noauto,ro,users         0 0

The activity led on the drive constantly flashes as if something is
accessing it until I exit mythfrontend. The messages stops if the disc
is ejected.

If I add /dev/hdc to the ignore list the messages and drive activity go
away.

I just wish it wasn't so verbose about everything it does especially if
you told it not to monitor devices maybe move these messages to -v media
or something. This is on my dev machine which also serves as a general
desktop computer and the drive is hardly ever used for myth except for
testing stuff but *is* often used for other purposes which is why I'd
love to be able to tell the media monitor to just completely ignore this
drive or all drives for that matter :-)

Paul H.