[mythtv] Browsing across multiple tuners

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jan 23 02:23:35 UTC 2008

Just as a followup, I've submitted a patch for browsing across tuners
in ticket #4501.

As part of the patch, I went ahead an upgraded the OSDTypeText class
to support a fcnfont as discussed earlier. I've tried to implement
this in the most general way possible to provide the most flexibility.
When used in the textarea, the fcnfont tag requires an additional
"group" attribute. This allows you to implement multiple groups of
functions without having one group walk all over the other.

The group that I implemented was called "tuner" and the possible
values for "function" are "current", "available", and "unavailable".
The 3rd patch in the ticket demonstrates how to use this to make the
program title change color depending on which tuner will be used:
green if the show is on the current tuner, yellow if on another tuner,
and red if there are no tuners available for that program.

I was planning to port this functionality over to the rest of the gui
(via the UITextType class). I could see it being useful in a number of
places, especially for things like status messages and conflict
alerts. For example, right now, the conflict_info container (which
displays the "No Conflicts" or "Confict Today" message) kind of hacks
around it by having 2 separate textareas in the same location to
handle different colors. This would make things like that cleaner and
avoid having to special case it in the code.

Before I spent any time applying the changes to the rest of the gui, I
was curious if anybody had any feedback on the way I implemented this.
Does this look useful enough and functional enough as is? Also, if you
have any feedback on the primary feature of this patch (browsing
across tuners), that would be welcome also?

--
Ron