[mythtv] Mythtv & Lirc

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Thu Jan 31 19:17:27 UTC 2008

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> Ronald Frazier wrote:
>
> but there are a whole lot of keys which are only defined for one usage.
> for a button challenged remote, this can get quite difficult.
>
> not that this proposal solves this problem. i realise that. but it does
> make the process of finding a mapping just that little bit easier.

I am agree with you, all functionalities should be available using only
7 buttons (UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT OK BACK MENU)
The other button should be mapped to an action if the user need/want it.

The remote control input have a lot of other issue I like to fix, for
example the responsiveness is not always great. The less button we need
to hit, the better it his.
A quick example is the standard menu with 6 entries, those entries could
be numbered so the user just need to press 6 to use the la menu item
instead of 5 * DOWN + OK.
This mechanism could be available for any listbutton type ui.

I am talking only about remote here, but the touch screen input have to
be improved so myth can be use with any kind of input.
> anyway, you can all tell me i'm talking rubbish; but that is my opinion.

not at all ;)
Xavier