[mythtv] mythbackend and mythlcdserver broken at the moment?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 1 14:19:25 UTC 2008

Paul Harrison wrote:
> Anybody else having problems with  mythbackend and mythlcdserver? They
> don't seem to accept connections anymore?
>
> mythzmserver is working but it uses it's own socket code so it looks
> like the server side of things is broken bit the client side is still
> working.
>
> Broken by http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/17665 ?
>
> I'm using Qt 4.3.3  in case its important.
>
> Paul H.

OK - The problem is actually the reverse of what I originally thought -
mythbackend and mythlcdserver are accepting connections and processing
the requests fine if you use telnet to connect to them. It's
mythfrontend and mythwelcome that cannot connect to them if they are on
the same machine - remote connections work fine which is why
MythZoneMinder was working fine for me, it's on another machine.

I think the problem is QHostAddress cannot resolve 'localhost'. If the
master IP address setting is changed from localhost to 127.0.0.1 then
mythfrontend etc can connect OK. The same has to be done to get
mythfrontend/mythwelcome to connect to mythlcdserver unfortunately there
is not GUI setting to change the IP address they should use to connect
to mythlcdserver, localhost has always worked in the past, so you have
to edit the DB and change the  'LCDServerHost' setting to '127.0.0.1'.

Paul H.