[mythtv] mythbackend and mythlcdserver broken at the moment?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 1 18:36:51 UTC 2008

Isaac Richards wrote:
> I'm pretty sure we've not had actual hostname lookups in there for a very long
> time..  There may have been some special-casing for localhost, but I'm not
> seeing it anywhere.
>
> Isaac

No I couldn't see anything either but something must have changed
because lcddevice.cpp has *always* used 'localhost' it's hard coded that
way unless you manually edit the DB. The only thing I can think of is
the old QSocketDevice::connect() defaulted to use 127.0.0.1 if the
QHostAddress passed in was invalid but the new MSocketDevice::connect()
doesn't but that's just a guess. Like I said I'm using Qt4.3.3 where did
you rip MSocketDevice from?

There is of cause some easy fixes for this - change the default in
lcddevice.cpp to use 127.0.0.1 or a more generic fix would be to add a
special case in MythSocket::connect(const QString &host, Q_UINT16 port)
to check host for 'localhost' or maybe do a QHostInfo::fromName () if
the QHostAddress::setAddress() fails?

Paul H.