[mythtv] Using Eclipse IDE on Windows for development

Arnon Meshoulam (arnonm) arnonm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 21:59:45 UTC 2008

Now that HEAD is moved to QT 4, it is possible to use TrollTech's QT
integration with Eclipse and get a fully working and compiling version on
Windows. Unfortunately, the import feature fails for our complex pro files,
so I have created a semi-manual process. See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Developing_in_Eclipse_on_Win32 for
details.
I will submit a patch for win32-packager.pl, configure and version.pro so
that can be fully automated.
My thoughts were to add an additional optional switch to win32-packager to
create an Eclipse environment if there is demand for it.

Arnon