[mythtv] Mythplugin Tutorial on the Wiki.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 12 15:53:06 UTC 2008

On 07/11/2008 01:49 PM, Jochen Kühner wrote:
> Does the Mythplugin Tutorial on the wiki show the right way to build a
> new plugin, or is this not yet using libmythui???

Though the HelloMyth plugin (referenced at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Plug-in_developers_guide ) does not
use mythui, there exists another plugin tutorial, mythtutorial2, that
was developed using mythui.  It was quite a while ago, so it may need
updating.  And, if you do work with Bert to update it (or update it
yourself), it may be nice to get it into the wiki for other
(license/Bert's permission permitting--I think the license should be
GPL2, so it shouldn't be a problem, but Bert may have planned to do
something more with it before posting to the wiki).

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/311234#311234
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/324949#324949

Note, though, that there are probably no good examples of what you can
do with mythui as mythui is developing/progressing quickly (thanks to
Stuart Morgan's hard work).  And, even Stuart (who probably best
understands mythui's capabilities) hasn't had the time to really work
through the existing themes to rewrite them to take advantage of mythui
(he's been basically doing conversions for now so he can work on mythui).

Mike