[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r17810 by paulh

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 15 23:40:45 UTC 2008

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2008 6:34:58 pm mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>       Author: paulh
>>         Date: 2008-07-15 22:34:58 +0000 (Tue, 15 Jul 2008)
>> New Revision: 17810
>>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/17810
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/AppleRemote.cpp
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/AppleRemote.h
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/jsmenu.cpp
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/jsmenu.h
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/lirc.cpp
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/lirc.h
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> Switch the Lirc, Joystick and AppleRemote pthreads to QThreads.
>>
>> Nigel you may want to check the AppleRemote stuff I couldn't test any of
>> that.
>>

> What about joining these threads at exit?
>
> Isaac

Do you mean mythmainwindow should keep track of the threads it creates
and gracefully shut them down in its dtor? The existing code didn't seem
to do that? That would mean  somehow telling the thread it needs to exit
and then calling wait() on it right?

I was just seeing  if using a QThread had any effect on the problem in
#5350, it didn't but thought I might as well commit what I had done
rather than someone else repeating it later.

Paul H.