[mythtv] MythVideo slow browsing (enhancement request!!)

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jul 16 01:55:25 UTC 2008

I generally browse my videos in list mode - it works great on my combined
back/frontend but my NFS mounted low power frontend is painfully slow as
each cover picture is dragged over the network even though I'm just
scrolling past each entry to get further down the list.

My perception of browsing Recordings is that there is a delay before the
preview or snapshot is fetched so that browsing is much faster.

Any chance that MythVideo could fire a timer that fetches the cover only
if the user sits on one position in the list for a couple of seconds
rather than getting then regardless?

Thought I'd bring it up now with all the other UI improvements going on -
this would give a major WAF increase (and no - I don't have any code at
present...).

--
Robin Gilks