[mythtv] Resurrecting MythBrowser after the switch to Qt4

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 15:48:37 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008 15:59:42 Erik Hovland wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:55:21AM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> > It could  be another 6 or even 12 months before the 0.22 release by
> > which time we will all be using Qt 4.4 or even 4.5.
>
> A year before 0.22? That is a very long time. I hope it doesn't take
> that long.

So do I. I think everyone was in agreement that the 0.21 cycle was too long so
this time around we set two main targets for 0.22, the QT4 port and MythUI.
There may be other big developments between now and the release, but once
those two are done we should start the countdown with a feature freeze.

The QT4 port is mostly finished, almost entirely finished if you count
qt3support. The MythUI port is progressing slower than I hoped, but now that
others are getting involved I don't think it's going to take a year.
--
Stuart Morgan