[mythtv] Compile error in latest trunk

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Jul 19 14:29:39 UTC 2008

On Saturday 19 July 2008 13:58:00 Damian O'Sullivan wrote:
> aacdecoder.cpp: In member function ‘bool aacDecoder::initializeMP4()’:
> aacdecoder.cpp:319: error: invalid conversion from ‘long unsigned int*’
> to ‘uint32_t*’
> aacdecoder.cpp:319: error:   initializing argument 4 of ‘int8_t
> NeAACDecInit2(void*, unsigned char*, uint32_t,
> uint32_t*, uint8_t*)’
> make[1]: *** [aacdecoder.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/damian/SVN/trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic'
> make: *** [sub-mythmusic-make_default] Error 2

The packagers of whatever distro you are using have screwed with the faad
decoder API. I'm guessing it's a debian based distro as they have a long and
infamous history of this.

We'll try and work around it in Myth, but I strongly suggest opening a bug
with the distro. They won't fix it, but if enough people complain eventually
they might stop messing about.
--
Stuart Morgan