[mythtv] Would like help on building mythplugins in a win32 build environment configured using win32-packager.pl

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 02:40:42 UTC 2008

> it seems the win32-packager.pl will build a very limited amount of
> mythplugins. I would like to know if it is possible to build other
> plugins as well. Would it me as simple as firing up my MinGW environment
> (preconfigured with the win32-packager.pl script) and issue code like this:
>
> cd /path/to/mythplugins
> ./configure --enable-foo --disable-bar
> make
> make install
>
> Or is there some more to it? Any help would be appreciated. I would
> preffer to build something like mythmusic or mythweather as that is what
> I will mainly use (in the future) from Windows.

there is a little bit more to it, but not too much.
If you read the win32-packager sources you'll see that it sets up the
QT environment variables first:
source /c/mythv/qt4_env.sh   (for QT4 based builds)
OR:
source /c/mythtv/qt3_env.sh   (for QT4 based builds)

If you are in any doubt at to the steps required, just revies the code
that is in the win32-packager.   it's not too hard, and is well
commented as to how it works.

Buz.