[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement
gnassas at mac.com
Wed Jul 23 01:23:21 UTC 2008
Hi, just an update for Anduin and anyone else who cares.
I finished off most of my changes in June and have been running it
without any obvious issues so I'm going to move forward from the
February svn I'm using to current source. Weekends are my only time
for coding and during the summer I have other things going on so, you
know, it might take a little bit. I also want to see the mythvid-ui
branch to merge back into trunk.
A couple of questions:
- the database convert was the hairiest part and I found it convenient
to unwind by throwing errors. There don't seem to be many (any) try/
catch blocks in the rest of myth. Is there some restriction I don't
- I reassigned the contents of videometadata.filename to be a relative
path but that's going to cause heartburn to mythweb and the uPnP code.
Instead, I could leave that column as-is and make a new filepath
column for the relative path. We could have .filename update with each
scan and users would have to know to do one after they mess around
with file placements within storage groups. It sounds like Chris is
heading in that direction for recordings too.
Longer term I think the database-related code should be pushed into a
common library so that uPnP & mythweb don't have to reinvent the
wheel. The video plugin then becomes a UI-only component. I could take
that on after this is done although at the speed I produce code...
More information about the mythtv-dev