[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Jul 23 02:13:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 09:23:21PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> - the database convert was the hairiest part and I found it convenient
> to unwind by throwing errors. There don't seem to be many (any) try/
> catch blocks in the rest of myth. Is there some restriction I don't
> know about?

Qt does not use exceptions at all and MythTV is mostly written as if
exceptions are not available. That is why so many destructors
check pointers for null before deleting. Using exceptions will likely be
frowned upon. But I will let someone w/ svn access say for sure.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request