[mythtv] Resurrecting MythBrowser after the switch to Qt4

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 23 17:52:54 UTC 2008

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> Roo wrote:
>
>> 2008/7/17 Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>:
>>
>>> The point of the first option is that the new uitype
>>> could be used in other parts of Myth like in MythMusic to show the
>>> wikipedia page for the currently playing artist or could be used to show
>>> a context sensitive help screen or to replace the current recording info
>>> screen etc.
>>>
>> Paul,
>>
>> I wonder if the mythuitype option could be used for the setting pages,
>> the settings stuff need to be ported to mythui otherwise, as I
>> understand it . There has been prior discussion of making the settings
>> pages available via a web browser.
>>
>> Now... to upgrade to QT4(.4)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Roo.
>>

> I'd have to say that if we find Qt4 < Qt4.3 then configure should
> automatically disable the new mythbrowser.
>
> Maximum compatibility :)
>

> Stuart

At the heart of MythBrowser will be a new UIType that can display  HTML
based on QtWebKit. Like the rest of the UI stuff it will be part of
libmythui.

The way i have it working is if Qt4 > Qt4.4.0 then you get the new
widget, if not then you get a new widget except it just displays a
message something like 'This feature requires Qt 4.4.0 or later". That
way we can use the new UIType on any screens we like when doing the UI
rewrite but still keep people who wish to still use Qt < 4.4.0 happy
albeit without a few new features.

Paul H.