[mythtv] ALT-TAB with QT4

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 23 23:53:14 UTC 2008

On 07/22/2008 09:59 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Has anyone seen an issue with SVN on QT4 where you cannot ALT-TAB in the
> window manager to bring a terminal window above mythfrontend?  After
> updating to SVN with QT, I'm seeing this behavior.  I'm using fluxbox as the
> window manager and the only changes were the compilation and installation of
> QT4 and then the Myth upgrade.  I'm also using the OpenGL painter.  Is there
> something Myth is doing differently now to be alway on top?

IIRC, Stuart Morgan changed window creation to provide the X property
_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN, which indicates to the app that it's a
fullscreen app, now that we're using Qt4 (which--unlike Qt3--supports
that X prop).  It may be that fluxbox treats "proper" fullscreen windows
differently, making them always on top.

In Qt3, our "fullscreen" window was just a window the same size as the
screen and with decorations removed (so the WM never knew it was
"fullscreen").  Try checking the box to run mfe in a window and see if
placement rules change that way.

Mike