[mythtv] Adding inotify support to MythVideo

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Jul 25 01:13:56 UTC 2008

And even more so to: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/645

> I am using pyinotify to keep my MythVideo database up
> to date without using polling or needing to scan. Is there scope for
> adding this directly into the plugin? I'd be interested in coding it
> up if the maintainer is open to the idea.

I've been leaning toward background scanning. The current video manager will eventually disappear with all the functionality working its way in to the other views (I think most of this is done, Stuart Morgan is working on it as part of the conversion to the new UI).

Something like inotify could then be used to inform the background scan.

Background scanning may take time (I'm devoting my small MythTV time to mtd currently). If you want to make a new version of what #645 did that I can commit in the interim, I'm fine with that.

--
Anduin Withers