[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r17970 by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jul 30 03:12:30 UTC 2008

>> bool DBUtil::isSchemaLocked(void)
>
> The blocking ability was used as a feature when I originally added the
> schemalock code.  Rather than trying to devise our own cross-network
> mutex, we just let MySQL handle it via the table lock.  It also
> prevented any race conditions in the upgrade code.

Yes, it is a tidy way to make upgrades safe.

I'm just concerned that having a frontend block
forever while a backend, say attempts to upgrade,
and crashes in the middle, is a little unfriendly.
Hence the desire for a non-blocking check.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| All science is;
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | either Physics,