[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r17970 by nigel

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jul 30 06:41:23 UTC 2008

* On Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 01:12:30PM +1000, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> I'm just concerned that having a frontend block
> forever while a backend, say attempts to upgrade,
> and crashes in the middle, is a little unfriendly.
> Hence the desire for a non-blocking check.

Mentioned this in a reply to your new ticket, but just in case...

MySQL should automatically release this table lock when the
backend's MySQL connections terminate.  If there's another case
of a failure occurring while the program stays running and the
hence the MySQL connection stays open so the lock is not
released, then it sounds like some code path isn't calling
unlockSchema() where it should.

--
Chris