[mythtv] Mythweather Canada - not starting - with solution

Andrew Allison andrew.allison at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:02:20 UTC 2008

Hello:

	I'm not sure that I didn't mess up my install of Fedora 9 or if some of
the script locations are bent, I leaning toward a screwed up install :-)

The error message where....

Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails
(`mythconverg/weatherdatalayou
t`, CONSTRAINT `weatherdatalayout_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY
(`weathersourcesettings_sourceid`) REFERENCES `weathersourcesettings`
 (`sourceid`) ON UPDATE CASCADE) QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query

SourceManager: NeedSourceFor: Unable to find source for 4, on-137, 0
QIntDict: Cannot insert null item

SourceManager Error: Can not connect nonexistent source 1
SourceManager Error: Can not connect nonexistent source 2
SourceManager Error: Can not connect nonexistent source 5
Container startup has NULL area, bad theme.

I had to place a copy of a

NDFDParser.pm,
ndfd.pm,
NWSLocation.pm
nwsxml.pl

from
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/us_nws
to the parent director
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts

to get mythweather going.

I'm using weather data for London, Ontario, Canada from Environment
Canada.

	Thanks	For the EXCELLENT work.

	Andrew