[mythtv] Problem with current SVN and changeset 17599

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Jun 24 15:20:15 UTC 2008

On my frontend I was trying to install current SVN (17616) and when
compiling the plugins (specifically mythvideo) I kept getting an error:

In file included from /usr/local/include/mythtv/settings.h:828,
                 from globalsettings.h:4,
                 from main.cpp:27:
/usr/local/include/mythtv/mythconfigdialogs.h:18:26: error:
mythterminal.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/mythtv/settings.h:828,
                 from /usr/local/include/mythtv/langsettings.h:4,
                 from main.cpp:21:
/usr/local/include/mythtv/mythconfigdialogs.h:18:26: error:
mythterminal.h: No such file or directory

I figured it was me and did the usual make clean/make distclean/rm and
re svn co, nothing fixed it. Then I actually read the message, and
realised that mythterminal.h was not in /usr/local/include/mythtv at
all. After manually copying it there, I could compile fine, so I can
only guess that there is something in the mythtv install Makefile that
is missing, but I don't know what. If it's just me, please let me know,
otherwise I'll open a ticket.

Tom