[mythtv] EIT on a custom service

Neil Garratt ngarratt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 14:34:28 UTC 2008

Our local provider (MultiChoice Africa) has started testing full
schedule data over EIT. Previously they used a custom OpenTV
application for this, with EIT doing present/following only. It still
appears to be in testing phase (with some bad data), but I'd like to
start adding support for this to MythTV.

Adding a hard-coded PID and filtering on the Network ID works fine.
They do provide SI tables for this service, however, and it makes more
sense to use this rather than a hard-coded PID. What's the best way of
getting the current PID? Parse the cached PAT/PMT tables?

I see SDT isn't used much outside the scanner, but this would be
preferred (in case someone removes this service from their channel
list).

Neil