[mythtv] Funky 720p playback

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Mar 1 18:55:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 15:51 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:38 PM, John Lofgren <john.lofgren at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>         I also have exactly the same problem - with Lost.  I think
>         that is the

> I am not using an HDHR but a pair of AverMedia A180s and experiencing
> this.  As far as status, I don't think this is anything Myth can
> address but something that WLSDT in Chicago needs to be notified of
> and hounded until they fix it.  Any ideas how to accomplish that would
> be of value.

AFAICT this WLSDT is not broadcasting broken streams, they are just using
an encoding extension we don't support very well. These streams do in fact
play on powerful MythTV machines. I believe they are broadcasting about 40
fps on a 60fps stream and marking some of the frames as repeatable, but I
haven't added the debugging statements to MythTV to confirm this. If true,
MythTV doesn't know what is going on and so the only way it adjusts is with
the A/V sync code. This works, but is CPU intensive.

-- Daniel