[mythtv] 0.21-fixes and Win32

Andrei Tanas andrei at tanas.ca
Mon Mar 3 22:27:24 UTC 2008

I see that Win32-related patches are being moved to 0.22, however, one of
the difficulties I had while working on Win32 port is that the development
branch is a moving target, and trying to get a stable Win32 version was more
complicated due to this. I have to agree that Win32 version is not going to
be ready in time for 0.21 release (I expected more developers to take
interest in it), but I would prefer to continue working on the stable
branch, and eventually release Win32 build compatible with 0.21 (the idea is
to initially have Win32 frontend compatible with "mainstream" Linux
backends).

So the question is, if this is acceptable at all, how can we accomplish this
- how can we ensure that Win32 patches go to 0.21-fixes branch (to be merged
to trunk at a later time)?