[mythtv] Freesat (UK)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 19:27:50 UTC 2008

On 06/03/2008, Paul Raison <paul at raison.org.uk> wrote:
> Ben Lings wrote:
>  > What DVB-S cards are you using?  I'm planning on buying a satellite card when
>  > Freesat is officially launched, but can't find one that has linux drivers.
>
> I'm using a Hauppage Nova-S Plus under Ubuntu and it is supported just
>  fine. Have been using it for 18 months now with no problems.

Same here on my test box - using a Nova-S Plus without any problems
(aside from getting the channels scanned and set up initially with
mythtv-setup). I'm also starting to look into the newer Nova HD S2
card for the new high definition (DVB-S2) satellite broadcasts.

The Technotrend S-1500 cards are also popular with MythTV satellite
users, as they have the CAM available to enable viewing of encrypted
channels.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: