[mythtv] Best way to submit code?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sun Mar 9 01:40:22 UTC 2008

On Sunday 09 March 2008 02:03:01 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be>
wrote:
> >  You should have had asked before doing that. I merge ffmpeg
> >  approximately once biweekly.
>
> The last ffmpeg merge was done during revision 14800 back in November
> which broke IPTV (IGMP + RTP) playback.

No, I did a minor merge a little bit later in [14902].

> I have reported that bug a while back and nothing was done.
>
> I waited 4 months which I think is long enough !

I was not speaking about the bug itself but about the newer ffmpeg. You
have done duplicate work which could have been avoided if you had asked
for a ffmpeg merge. If you did ask I'm sorry for not noticing it.
I've you took my previous mail as hostile I'm sorry it was not meant
that way. I was only sorry for your wasted time.

> >  liba52 support will be removed from ffmpeg soon. It is not
> > compiled in the default build. That said I can't remember any
> > particular merge issue with the code.
> >
> >  Is there a ticket about this? Can you describe the error in
> > detail? Do you know which ffmpeg changeset fixed your problem? Or
> > was it a merge error in [14800]?
>
> It wasn't a merge error (though I am not certain). Recording of h264
> recordings work fine but will not play.
> Prior to 14800 playback was fine of that file but recording wasn't.

recording should not have changed with 14800. easiest way to test for a
merge error is if ffplay of the same revision can play it.

> I have posted some recording I've made with both MythTV and VLC and
> show the various issues.

I missed your report, should be fixed in trunk and 0.21 now.

> Prior to posting a specific bug record, I asked several times in the
> User distribution list , which unfortunately never got answered.

I don't read the user list.

> There has been some changes since I started on ffmpeg, I will do
> another round of merge while I'm at it.
>
> What I tried also is to make all changes specific to mythtv in
> separate files so we could use most ffmpeg files as-is rather than
> having to go through every single files.
>
> Unfortunately, when I did this I had worked with an old copy of
> mythtv and so many things changed since that I ;ll have to redo
> almost everything

Don't invest too much time, I'll start to publish my tree with the
ongoing ffmpeg merges in the next days.

Janne