[mythtv] DOC and UI cuestion

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Mon Mar 10 01:25:58 UTC 2008

That's pretty cool.  I like the idea of a combobox to let you pick which
video source you're choosing from: Youtube or maybe something else.
There are comboboxes elsewhere in the code so you can learn how to use
them from reading the code.

There are plenty of documents on how to develop plugins.  This is a good
place to start: http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Building_Plugins:HelloMyth

Hope that helps :-)

Alvaro Gonzalez Sola wrote:
> Exist a document class for develop? in wiki link is broken.
>
> I can add to a plugin main windows a entry text?
> And a ComboBox?
> Is they only for configure?
>
> No one plugin main windows has entry text or combobox, if they need a
> entry, use pop menu but i prefer put entry text on main menu.
>
> I develop a video searh for youtube. I attach a image with my idea
> interface.

 - Hendrixski

How to ask questions:
 * Do your homework: google it, search archives from lists and forums
 * Ask on the appropriate list or forum using a meaningful header
 * Be precise, impersonal, to the point, state your goal, and say "please" and "thank you"

How to answer questions:
 * Verify what they're asking about, turn bad questions into good ones
 * Give information, ask if it answers their question.  Rinse & Repeat
 * Not all manuals are created equal! link to your favorite one and say "Read This Fine Manual"