[mythtv] ConvertX MPEG2 in v0.21

Joe Stevens jgsteven at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 19:53:58 UTC 2008

Hello,

I noticed that a good deal of code has been added to NuppleVideoRecorder.cpp that would seem to suggest the Plextor ConvertX series of USB MPEG4 encoder boxes should be able to do MPEG2 (specifically, from this version it will set GO7007_MPEG_VIDEO_MPEG2 if the videocodec is set as mpeg2).  However, MPEG2 is still not selectable as a an option in mythtv-setup.

I checked the release notes, and nothing related to this was listed.  Can anyone give me an update on the current status of ConvertX mpeg2?

Thanks,

--
Joe
(...whose old mythtv box displays video just fine, but takes forever to make a single dvd from MPEG4...)