[mythtv] Possible argument issue in GetCurrentChannelNum()

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Wed Mar 12 15:37:16 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:

> Based on my experience that almost all Sky/Virgin Media users have
> their MythTV systems configured the same way, I don't think it's a
> bug.
>
> If you have your Sky (or VirginMedia/Freeview) box connected to a
> baseband video input (composite/S-Video) on a capture card, and you
> are using LIRC to control channel changes, this setting should *not*
> be enabled.
>
>>From the help text in mythtv-setup for this setting:
>
> "Leave this blank unless you have an external "
> "tuner that is connected to the tuner input of your card. "
> "If so, you will need to specify the preset channel for "
> "the signal (normally 3 or 4)."
>
> How is your Sky box connected to your capture card?

Ahaah .. I know what happened. The cap. card used to be on the end of
the RF output from the Sky box, for logistical reasons. I didn't have an
option to connect it using svideo. Once things were rejigged I could use
the svideo. I didn't change this value when I switched cables, but there
was no problem. it was only when I upgraded to .21 that anything went
bang. Now having this setting on a capture card channel that can't be
tuned is fatal. Confusion over :)

Thanks for the clarification.

Andy M

          Andrew Meredith BEng CEng CITP MBCS MIET
                          Director
                    http://www.anvil.org
                 The Anvil Organisation Ltd.
          andrew at anvil.org      +44 (0) 1249 460560
     Open Source Systems Mentoring for Small Businesses