[mythtv] bjm: Improving end-user display of recording flags when using multiple video sources

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 23:59:45 UTC 2008

Bruce,

I opened http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3204 a year ago after
noticing inconsistencies in the ways recording flags were being shown
to the user in mythfrontend when multiple video sources were
configured with the same channels (identical channum, name and
xmltvid). So far, the ticket has lain unmodified.

I was wondering whether you have had a chance to look over the ticket
in the past year, and have any suggestions as to whether you consider
this an issue, and if so, how we could go about improving the end-user
experience by making things consistent.

The root cause seems to be related to the order in which lists are
being filled with programme data - some screens show no issues (such
as the Upcoming list), whilst others do not consistently include the
scheduled recording of a programme (they display the
rsOtherShowing-flagged scheduler match) even though that programme is
going to be recorded on the same channel* at the same time on a
different card.

Cheers,
Nick

* I know the definition of channel causes confusion (even to me). To
me, same channel wrt MythTV means the same channum, same name, same
XMLTVID, and the same programme data.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: