[mythtv] possible filter manager leak

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Fri Mar 14 14:30:25 UTC 2008

Im not sure what the intention is with filter management, but in
filtermanager
the libs opened with LoadFilterLib's dlopen are not dlclosed at any time.
This happens via the constructor of the filter manager. This also dlopens
all filters every time. I found this because I was chasing a deadlock inside
dlopen on play start which ended up being mythphone's fault (no mythphone,
no deadlock :-).

when a filter is used, it is dlopened again, and when done dlclosed but only
those that are used. so this part is good.

I may be wrong, but I suspect this is a handle leak.
What was the intention?
I would have thought a filter cache after they are all loaded and thus dont
need to be loaded again, nor unloaded.

cheers
mark