[mythtv] Storage Groups - OK to move files between directories in same group ?

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Mon Mar 17 15:19:27 UTC 2008

Dave,

Well, you're right, I'm also trying to keep the machine as cool as
possible when there is no need for it to be hot, just because drives are
spinning, the drive temps run about 55C which is close to the spec of
60C, this is because they are packed so close to each other, also, when
I umount and  spin these drives down  (e.g. sdparm -C stop /dev/sdb),
the machine is almost silent, two small fans behind the drive enclosures
(controlled by sensors) spin down to silent mode and the drive temps
drop to about 25C
(when spun down).

The QX9650 Quad Core runs at 19c when myth backend is recording
(@33Ghz), and 25c (@4Ghz)

I do have a separate frontend (laptop sitting on top of my Sky box (UK).

You can also see I've got a mega fan which runs about 600rpm (and is
practically silent - speed is controller manually from the front (below
the water tank). This fan is absolutely amazing.

--- warning 4MB images -----

http://www.g-b.net/mythbox1.jpg
http://www.g-b.net/mythbox2.jpg
http://www.g-b.net/mythbox3.jpg
http://www.g-b.net/mythbox4.jpg
http://www.g-b.net/mythbox5.jpg

It's a mega monster Mythbox, but its so quite (except when 10 drives are
running)

Albert.