[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Tue Mar 18 00:39:29 UTC 2008

Jay Modi wrote:

>     Alot of work has been put into the Win32 version for MinGW/Msys.
>     After reading this, I decided to look at the 4.3.0 changelog:
>     http://trolltech.com/developer/notes/changes/changes-4.3.0/
>
>     - [121629] Added support for the MinGW/MSYS platform.
>
>     One change that is very important is the support for this MinGW/Msys platform so that the windows port can continue.
>

> Also, here is the "task tracker" link for this bug to see that this is
> only fixed in version 4.3.0 and above:
> http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=121629&method=entry
> <http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=121629&method=entry>

Do you actually *need* msys support, though? I mean, Qt has supported
Windows since version 3.3.something (I think) - the ticket you reference
is only for making Qt play nice with msys (which basically allows you to
use GNU automake/autoconf and stuff like that on Windows, which Myth
doesn't use anyway, does it?)

Dean.