[mythtv] Firewire STB keeps jumping ports in 0.21-fixes. Suggestions?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:00:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 14:29 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
>  <snip>
>
> > as of 0.21 you can have mythbackend reset the bus, have you tried this
>  > yet? It was technically in SVN for a while without a gui, but if you
>  > have more than one box and reset the bus then you'll lose any other
>  > recordings you have going on, which is why I opted to not use it and
>  > went with my script.
>
>  When mythbackend resets the firewire bus you should not lose recordings.
>  It may cause a glitch in other firewire recordings that are ongoing but
>  the glitch should not last more than a second or two.
>
>  -- Daniel

Either way, no need to reset the bus with my script and do lose even a
few seconds of recording, like I said, I've yet to have a failed
recording since using it. It's too bad mythbackend does not perform
the same basic task as what my script does, but it works and I'm not
one to play with it now.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!