[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Mar 22 15:53:31 UTC 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Umm.. If Qt 4.4 hasn't been released yet then why make it a requirement?
> Clearly the work being done on the port needs to be done with at most
> 4.3.  Requiring pre-release software even for developers is generally
> a bad idea.  It significantly limits the breadth of testers who can
> test the code for you because they might not have the ability (or
> desire) to change the distro-provided Qt4.   For example, my version
> of Fedora provides Qt 4.3.3 but who knows when (or if!) they would
> provide a 4.4 package.  I'm certainly not going to try to build a 4.4
> pre-release just to test Myth.

Well a lot of this discussion is about QT4.3 vs QT4.2. I think the most
sensible thing to do is to just not concentrate on mythbrowser right now
and get everything else working on QT4.3, then, after the QT4.4 release,
switch over to it.

Getting a QT4.4 build for any distro is not that huge a hurdle for devs
IMO (but then I'm used to building packages).

Regardless, I think if the min requirement for 0.22 will be QT4.4 then
there is no point in saying that QT4.2 is the current min version. Just
my €0.02.

Col