[mythtv] Mytharchive Burning Error (Recording includes fonts: üõöä)

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Mar 23 10:23:05 UTC 2008

Teet Niin wrote:
> Thanks for replay
> Heres what i have found!
> /usr/share/mythtv/archive/scripts/mythburn.py
> i changed lines 5192 and 5196
>
>             #Create the DVD ISO image
>             if docreateiso == True or mediatype == FILE:
> L5192                CreateDVDISO(title.encode("utf-8"))
>
>             #Burn the DVD ISO image
>             if doburn == True and mediatype != FILE:
> L5196               BurnDVDISO(title.encode("utf-8"))
>
> It helped on my case.
> Ticket(from i got info for burning dvd.s):
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5005
> Hope some devs look into it and add it into fixes or 0.21.1.
> If this is really dirty hack then some better solution would be handy :)

I did have a quick look at this a few days ago. The problem with your
fix is that it can cause other problems because most other functions
expect to be passed ascii not utf8 strings. There's also the question of
what encoding the volumeid  for a dvd should be in. I did a quick search
of the growisofs man page but didn't find the answer to that.

Possible solutions:-

1. Don't bother to use the first files title for the dvd's volumeid just
have a fixed name like before. (my favorite since it's the quickest fix
;-) )

2. Convert the title to ascii and use that for the volumeid. The only
problem with this is any accented characters would be converted to the ?
character.

3. Convert the title to utf8 and fix the other functions where the title
is passed to handle the utf8 strings properly. (proper fix but requires
the most amount of work ;-( )

Thoughts?

Paul H.