[mythtv] Mytharchive Burning Error (Recording includes fonts: )

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:45:02 UTC 2008


2008/3/23, Jaakko Heikkil <jaakko.heikkila at gmail.com>:
> su, 2008-03-23 kello 10:23 +0000, Paul Harrison kirjoitti:
>
> > Teet Niin wrote:
>  > > Thanks for replay
>  > > Heres what i have found!
>  > > /usr/share/mythtv/archive/scripts/mythburn.py
>  > > i changed lines 5192 and 5196
>  > >
>  > >             #Create the DVD ISO image
>  > >             if docreateiso == True or mediatype == FILE:
>  > > L5192                CreateDVDISO(title.encode("utf-8"))
>  > >
>  > >             #Burn the DVD ISO image
>  > >             if doburn == True and mediatype != FILE:
>  > > L5196               BurnDVDISO(title.encode("utf-8"))
>  > >
>  > > It helped on my case.
>  > > Ticket(from i got info for burning dvd.s):
>  > > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5005
>  > > Hope some devs look into it and add it into fixes or 0.21.1.
>  > > If this is really dirty hack then some better solution would be handy :)
>
>
> Source for the problem is actually write function (line 242) which
>  generates log, not CreateDVDISO or BurnDVDISO functions themselves.
>
>
>  > I did have a quick look at this a few days ago. The problem with your
>  > fix is that it can cause other problems because most other functions
>  > expect to be passed ascii not utf8 strings. There's also the question of
>  > what encoding the volumeid  for a dvd should be in. I did a quick search
>  > of the growisofs man page but didn't find the answer to that.
>
>
> If I understood right DVD standard recommends ECMA-6 which is actually
>  us-ascii character set.
>
>
>  > Possible solutions:-
>  >
>  > 1. Don't bother to use the first files title for the dvd's volumeid just
>  > have a fixed name like before. (my favorite since it's the quickest fix
>  > ;-) )
>  >
>  > 2. Convert the title to ascii and use that for the volumeid. The only
>  > problem with this is any accented characters would be converted to the ?
>  > character.
>  >
>  > 3. Convert the title to utf8 and fix the other functions where the title
>  > is passed to handle the utf8 strings properly. (proper fix but requires
>  > the most amount of work ;-( )
>  >
>  > Thoughts?
>
>
> Maybe this fourth option is best(?):
>  http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/251871
>  Convert unicode characters to closest ascii equivalents.
>
>  But if have to choose from these three options, I would go with #2.
>  After all title encoding is not very important issue. Title of the dvd
>  is hardly never used. Most important thing is that DVD authoring process
>  is error free.
>
>
>  --
>  - Jaska



Sorry for off topic, but I just remembered that I also saw one bug in
MythArchive yesterday. I am using maybe 5 weeks old SVN version and
this bug is maybe already repaired.

When you try to burn files (not recordings or videos from mythvideo),
it will fail when the files have "space" in it the name (two or more
words). I think that mkisofs gives an error. There are probably quotes
missing somewhere, because it is not able to find a file.

I can test it today again if you want and if this is not repaired.

Sorry for off topic one more time.


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list