[mythtv] Question about xmltv and mythtv

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 09:59:13 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 26 March 2008 00:13:37 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Why is that? why would it mess up with my original EPG information?
> Am I running mythfilldatabase incorrectly ?

No, but you are running it in a less supported and deprecated way. Writing a
complete xmltv grabber would be better, this means supporting args such
as --capabilities which allow mythtv to detect and run your grabber
automatically.

http://xmltv.org/wiki/howtowriteagrabber.html
http://xmltv.org/wiki/xmltvcapabilities.html

The guide assumes you are using perl, but there is no reason the grabber can't
be in python it just involves more work because you need to write python
versions of the XMLTV modules.
--
Stuart Morgan