[mythtv] Is programId used for anything specific ?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:47:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/26/2008 09:52 AM, John Pullan wrote:
>  > Is programid used for anything specific from within the code base?
>
>  programid is used as an "authoritative" identifier for episodes when
>  doing duplicate checking.
>

>  >  I'm
>  > thinking we could use this in conjunction with the type (mythweb) to
>  > provide a "record all the series" option.
>
>  Are you talking about seriesid?  If so, there are issues (
>  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/169129#169129 ).
>  However, you can create a custom rule that uses it (and there's now an
>  example in the custom rule editor).
>
>  If not, are you talking about using programid for duplicate checking?
>  If so, I think you'll find it's already done.
>
>  Mike

Yup...I noticed that just yesterday with the second part of the two
part PBS Frontline episode (Bush's War).  Other than the duration (and
obviously the starttime) the only difference between the two in the
program table was programid and myth handled it correctly.

Tom