[mythtv] Internal scaler in 0.21-fixes

Chris White chris at ballisticcats.com
Wed Mar 26 15:45:10 UTC 2008

Someone else posted about this on the users list, but I thought I'd
mention it here too. I (and others) are seeing what looks like half-
resolution playback (jagged diagonal lines, looks like half a field is
thrown away) in 0.21-fixes using the internal player. This happens on
TV playback and DVD's and in my case appears even if the source
material is progressive. Xine playback on DVD's doesn't exhibit the
problem, so it's not a driver or display issue. I have also forced the
internal player to progressive in case it was a detection problem.
I've tried all the different blitters (opengl, xv) and most of the
deinterlacers and it doesn't seem to make a difference. GUI and TV
playback size are all native resolution of the display.

Anyone have any notion what might be going on? I did NOT see this
behavior on trunk about 2-3 weeks ago.

-Chris