[mythtv] Multiproto Patch for current MultiprotoBranch???

joep joep at groovytunes.nl
Sun May 18 11:03:45 UTC 2008

Op Sunday 27 April 2008 09:08:23 schreef Daniel Kleine-Albers:
> On 22.04.2008, at 08:46, Jochen Kühner wrote:
> > In the last time, there were changes in the multiproto-branch wich
> > will
> > let it not work again with my current myth! are there some new patches
> > for the new version avaiable??
>
> Hi Jochen,
>
> attached is a patch that I'm getting a picture with against a recent
> mythtv and multiproto (maybe 1-2 weeks ago).
>
> Please note that the patch only does DVB-S reception - also an
> adaption for other delivery systems should be easy. I just don't have
> the time currently to properly implement it - that's why I didn't post
> this patch to the list in the first place. I'm also facing some
> stability issues - the picture is fine for the first couple of minutes
> and then get's worse. But I think this is related to my hardware
> (Pinnacle PCTV 452e) rather than to mythtv. If you get any positive or
> negative experience with this please let me know.
>
> Regards
> Daniel

Hello Daniel,
I run OpenSuse 10.3 with an Skystar hd2 card.

I applied your patch to mythtv (rev 17308)
After that, I removed the multiproto adjustments from line 1194 to 1197:

//#ifdef DVB_API_MULTIPROTO
//    params.inversion = (dvbfe_inversion) (int) tuning.inversion;
//#else
    params.inversion = (fe_spectral_inversion_t) (int) tuning.inversion;
//#endif

I had to comment those lines out because I got the following error:
dvbchannel.cpp: In function ‘dvbfe_params
dtvmultiplex_to_dvbparams(DTVTunerType, const DTVMultiplex&)’:
dvbchannel.cpp:1194: error: cannot convert ‘dvbfe_inversion’
to ‘fe_spectral_inversion’ in assignment

Question 1.
Is commenting these lines the apropriate solution or am I messing things up
this way?

After this I could run mythtv and watch dvb-s.
Channel changing didn't work.
This does work with szap.

Question 2.
Is this related to the code I commented?

I did change some statemens to let mythtv work with dvb-s2 only.
This seems to work fine.
I just watched an Astra promo hd channel for 10 minutes without any problem.
The weird part is that I can change dvb-s2 channels without a problem.

Question 3
How should mythtv know what transport type to choose?
The dtvmultiplex table has a field called: sistandard.
Can we use this field to select dvb or dvb-s2?

Greetings,
Joep admiraal