[mythtv] MythTV-SVN and multiproto (Technotrend S2-3200 or Technisat Skystar HD)

joep joep at groovytunes.nl
Mon May 19 08:59:40 UTC 2008

Op Sunday 18 May 2008 16:50:13 schreef Jelle De Loecker:
> it eventually gives me this error message:
>
>     dvbchannel.cpp: In member function 'bool DVBChannel::Tune(const
>     DTVMultiplex&, uint, bool, bool)':
>     dvbchannel.cpp:729: error: 'struct dvbfe_info' has no member named
>     'delivery'
>     dvbchannel.cpp:733: error: 'struct dvbfe_info' has no member named
>     'delivery'
>     make[2]: *** [dvbchannel.o] Error 1
>     make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
>     make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] Error 2
>     make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/mythtv/libs'
>     make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
>
> The tutorial is one month old now, but I thought since I'm using one
> chosen revision everything would go smooth.
>
> Thank you for your patience,
>
> Jelle De Loecker

Hello Jelle,

I did see this message on my system while trying to get the multiproto driver
to work.
I can't remember at what stage this error occured but here are the step's I
did to make it work with mythtv.
For the moment it does only tune to dvb-s channels (see other posts on this
mailing list)
I do have some problems with channel changing from mythtv.
With szap it seems to work fine.
I run opensuse 10.3 with the skystar hd2 card.

--driver
Get mantis-cd1fc4c7f1d8.tar.bz2
patch it with http://de.pastebin.ca/957250
make all
make install
reboot
Now you should have a adapter device under /dev/dvb

copy frontend.h and version.h from the mantis folder to /usr/include/linux/dvb

--mythtv
trunk rev 17308
applied multipatch17.txt
removed the multiproto adjustments from line 1194 to 1197:

--szap (not necessary for mythtv)
dvb-apps-31a6dd437b9a from http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/
replace szap.c with this one: http://abraham.manu.googlepages.com/szap.c
patch the new szap.c with this patch attachment-0001.bin from
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-April/025137.html
run make and all should be fine now :)

Please let me know if you got any further with this.