[mythtv] Forcing interlaced Video Scan

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon May 19 17:35:18 UTC 2008

HI!

A while ago, there was a discussion about an option to force interlaced
Video Scan globally (per channel for example), because there are
channels, that switch between interlaced and progessive every few
seconds and MythTV cannot cope with that well. Forcing them to
interlaced works very good.

Unfortunately, that option was not implemented in 0.21.

I am bringing this up again, because there are 2 more things that make
this worse.

1.
If you don't want to go through the OSD menu to change Video Scan, the
NEXTSCAN key binding does not help, because it does not switch to
"Interlaced (Normal)".

2.
If you are watching a show that runs in 16:9, but the commercial breaks
are 4:3, then the Video Scan setting is being reset after the break. So,
you have to switch again to "Interlaced (normal)". Is this by design or
a bug?

So, I would like to suggest to implement that global option or at least
not reset the setting during a 4:3 <-> 16:9 switch.

Thanks!

Thomas