[mythtv] [Q]: question about mpeg descriptors to decode a proprietary epg

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Mon May 19 19:54:48 UTC 2008

	Hi all,
I am wrestling a bit with mpeg descriptors. What I want to do is to get
several tables which are spread over several sections (one contains the
titles of the shows, another one the summaries, you get the picture).
I created a mpeg descriptor subclass and what I guess is (please
correct me if I'm wrong):
- The data member is supposed to be a buffer for the whole table (that
the different sections are concatenated into a big buffer). Also what
is exactly in this buffer, I mean I am used to dvbsnoop output so here
do I get the full data including the section length and all or just the
"stripped" version?
- The Parse function is called first and then at DB insertion time I
certainly must provide a function to my class that puts the info in
good shape to be inserted, I just dont know how exactly.
After that I will need to figure out how to ask the backend to tune to
a certain channel/PID to get this proprietary EPG...
Thx for any info,
Bye
Manu