[mythtv] Unexpected commDetectMethod: 255

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue May 20 00:58:47 UTC 2008

        I believe rev 17318 changed the definition of COMM_DETECT_ALL
from 255 to a bitwise-OR of the available methods (currently a value
of 7).  When I run mythcommflag, I get the message in the subject
line.  Although the recording is marked as "commflagged", no
commercial breaks are detected.

        I can manually change the database setting to 7 and commercial
flagging works as normal.  However, wouldn't this mean that the
database setting should be updated each time a new method is added?

        Also, the CommercialSkipMethod setting in
programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp still uses a hard-coded value
of 255 for "All Available Methods".
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.