[mythtv] Reset display when changing channels?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat May 24 21:42:56 UTC 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 07:23:33 Mike Patton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    Apologies if this is a stupid question.  I have MythTV running with
> an onboard ATI x1250 graphics chip.  I get video distortion when a
> channel change results in a change in source resolution. Eg: Changing
> from SD to HD live TV.  Or changing from HD (1440x1080) to HD
> (1920x1080).
>
>    This distortion or corruption continues until I exit live TV and
> then go back in (so the starting channel has changed to the channel I
> wish to view) or from live TV I go into the guide and back out again.

Ok, I can reproduce this on my Ati x1250 frontend, I didn't notice it until I
started browsing the satellite channels in livetv since they seem to change
resolution more than the terrestrial ones.

I'll submit a bug report to ATi and you might want to do the same, look at the
changelog for instructions. Meanwhile someone might suggest a short term fix
which can be used in MythTV.
--
Stuart Morgan